The Family Resource Center at United Way of Blair County is a Blue Ribbon Affiliate of the international Parents as Teachers making it one of the top performing early education and home visiting affiliates within the Parents as Teachers network.
Parents as Teachers Program (PAT)-an evidence-based, in-home visitation program for families of children prenatally to kindergarten entry provided by certified Family Development Specialists. We are an affiliate of the National Parents as Teachers National Center. Home visits are year-round, twice per month, based on the needs of the family. There are no income guidelines to enter the program.
Parents as Teachers believes that all children will learn, grow, and develop to realize their full potential.
Parents as Teachers mission is to provide the information, support, and encouragement that parents need to help their children develop optimally during the crucial early years of life.
Parents as Teachers provides:
- Coaching on parent-child interaction
- Education on child development-centered parenting
- Attention to family well-being
Parents as Teachers consists of:
- Bimonthly home visits
- Monthly family group connections
- Strengths-based family and child assessments
- Support in setting and attaining goals
- Individualized information and referrals