Make Parenting A Pleasure - a comprehensive, evidence informed, group-based, positive-parenting curriculum for stressed parents taught by certified Family Development Specialists.
- The importance of taking care of themselves so they can better care for their children
- Practical stress management and communication skills
- Effective parenting skills and positive approaches to discipline
- Self-care skills
- Greater understanding of their children
- A social support network that can continue after the class ends
This curriculum is built on the following assumptions:
- Parenting is the most important and challenging job one will ever have.
- Parents are their children's first and most important teachers.
- There are many right ways to be a parent or a child.
- Parents are the foundation of the family.
- Getting and giving support is essential for parents.
Parenting classes are offered in 8 sessions held in the spring, fall and summer of each year at the Family Resource Center at United Way of Blair County's office at 208 Hollidaysburg Plaza in Duncansville. A certificate of attendance is provided to parents who attend all classes.
Please call (814)317-5567, ext. 405 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register for the class.