YOUR CHILD'S SUCCESS IN SCHOOL
BEGINS WITH YOU. BE THERE.
United Way of Blair County wants to ensure all children have the opportunity to succeed in school. That's why we have teamed up with the Healthy Blair County Coalition to introduce the Be There campaign to Blair County.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Attending school regularly helps children feel better about school - and themselves
- Starting in preschool, attendance is the first indicator of school success
- Even in kindergarten, too many absences can cause children to fall behind
- Missing 10% (just 18 days) can make it harder to learn to read
- Students can fall behind missing just a day or two every few weeks
- It's never too late to build good attendance habits - they last a lifetime for school, college, and work
RESOURCES FOR SCHOOL DISTRICTS